[tracker 296] New field - Rating/Vote

More
12 years 4 months ago #21359 by ggppdk
I now think, it is good idea, we can extend existing vote field to add more type of votes to it !!!
and other capabilities too, and at the same time continue to use existing data table, but extending it ...

About reviews, this should be different than comments, right? kenmcd what do you think?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #21363 by kenmcd

ggppdk wrote: I now think, it is good idea, we can extend existing vote field to add more type of votes to it !!!
and other capabilities too, and at the same time continue to use existing data table, but extending it ...

About reviews, this should be different than comments, right? kenmcd what do you think?

Yes.
Votes/Ratings (numbers, stars, up/down, etc.) and text Reviews are definitely different than Comments.
Think Ratings/Reviews like JED.

Generally Ratings/Reviews limit users to one response per Item.
(although some users have requested allowing multiple votes, with restrictions)

Comments are a running dialog which allows multiple responses by a user.

BTW, I have been watching the JComments forum and it appears the J1.7 version of JComments is going to be released soon. The developer has recently asked for all the translations to be updated so the new release can have the translations included.

More
12 years 3 months ago #22001 by loicberder
hello,

i have seen in the forum that something is on the way, and it's really great.

I could be great if it's possible to include from the begining some Microdata (markup their pages in ways recognized by major search providers. Search engines including Bing, Google, Yahoo! and Yandex rely on this markup to improve the display of search result...)

about review microdata :
support.google.com/webmasters/bi ... &ctx=topic

about microdata format and exemples :
www.schema.org/

it can also be used for user display format, products, Event... so maybe usefull to flexicontent users

Loïc

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #58984 by thatch10
George, was there any progress on this and I have missed / cant find the options to change the 5 star ratings to a thumbs up / thumbs down like / dislike option ?

The composite voting options and number of stars seems to be related to this thread, however I cant work out where to implement the Thumbs Up / Thumbs Down method.

Thatch
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by thatch10.

More
8 years 4 months ago #59073 by ggppdk
Hello

question, did you try using an existing Joomla content plugin ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline