EDocman integration

More
7 years 9 months ago #62954 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic EDocman integration
Hello

the display layout of every field is inside:

plugins/flexicontent_fields/selectedoc/tmpl/value_default.php
plugins/flexicontent_fields/selectedoc/tmpl/value_*.php

if you have duplicated 'selectmultiple' field that is already using layouts then you are fine, and you can go ahead and change the LOOP that prints the values inside the above mention file (value_default.php)

- also there should not be limitations, related to duplicating fields:
select, selectmultiple
radio, radioimage
checkbox, checkboximage

it should work
selectmultiple

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #63378 by othbert
Replied by othbert on topic EDocman integration
Thank you both very much for all your help with this so far!
I managed to set up the EDocman integration as mentioned, via duplicating the selectmultiple field and customising it to pull data from EDocman category entries. I created a placeholder module based on a standard EDocman "show items in a category" module which is now able to retrieve documents from multiple categories (mod_edocman_filtered). In the front end, the flexi item retrieves the desired category ids from its parameters, then loads the custom module with them passed in as an argument. This has all worked perfectly so far except I see in the debugger that I seem to be loading the EDocman module twice... Not quite sure how or why this is happening.

In fact I only noticed it because another module I'm loading via the loadmodule field (a twitter feed) is being called twice and showed two com_ajax xhr requests to the module I had written. The module only display once though, like the EDocman module, so I supposed the content was being sent to the output buffer for some reason, then later destroyed instead of flushed to output. ob_end_flush'ing, echoing test parameteres and ob_start'ing again within my module code shows that this does in fact appear to be the case.

Anyway, I need the module to only be called once and don't really have an idea why flexi appears to be calling it multiple times when other fields are normally. I thought it might be because of the module set up in Joomla!, but from the log below it seems it is all happening within the flexi component.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks again!

I've attached the debugger output because for some reason, I can't paste the code below, says I have too many links in my message... I don't have any links in the message!
Attachments:

More
7 years 8 months ago #63397 by ggppdk
Hello

e.g. if you are in item view and you try to use the load module field in the item view

and then try to use it in the universal content view then it will be called twice

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
7 years 8 months ago #63403 by othbert
Thanks! but, hmmm, I'm not quite sure what you mean?
I'm not using the universal content module anywhere (It was published but not assigned to any pages. I unpublished it, cleared all caches and the result is the same).

My structure is a little odd though, there will be no "item" pages for this site, just "category" views which include different 'blocks' of items together (nicely re-orderable and easier for the client to control), like a blog concept I guess, but a page would be made of many different types of items.
So this is all happening from a category view, where I have a new template that immitates some of the behaviour of the default category_items_html5.php file.

That is interesting though, when I created a new menu entry just to show a single flexi item, went to my edocman filter module and assigned it to that page, then I correctly get only one call to the module.

So I guess the issue is in the category display / my implementation of the category.php file in my templates... I'll have another look.

More
7 years 8 months ago #63474 by othbert
For reference and in case anyone stumbles across this again...

I found the cause of the problem I was having with modules being loaded multiple times. It all stemmed from my particular setup although I can imagine I'm not the only person to have attempted to use FLEXIContent in this manner.

My structure is as follows:
Template1: Category template without any styling. Item template without any styling.
Templates a,b,c,d,e.... : Item templates used to render each item called from Template1 with it's own specific layout.

Types are assigned to their relevant positions in the a,b,c,d,e templates. I thought I had to assign them to the Category view in Template1 too, in order to allow them to "pass through" to the item templates. Turns out that is where my issue is. Basically, they must only be positioned in the item templates, the category view of template1 should be blank.

Not a great job of explaining it, but a simple enough fix in the end.

Cheers again for your help!

More
7 years 8 months ago #63500 by ggppdk
Hello

ok about the steps on replicating the issue with the modules, in your last message

but i do not understand the issue
Can you repeat what is the issue ?
you get blank display, wrong display ?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline