ModAiDaNews - Incorrect Flexicontent date being displayed

More
12 years 6 months ago #20096 by andrewcroce
Hi thanks for the reply. I have set the date to not use the Flexi fields.

I'm not sure whats going on. I have double checked the time zone setting and it is correct (Eastern Standard time). I have checked the dates and they are correct in the database, and display correctly everywhere else in the site (front end and back). It is just the AiDaNews module that shows them exactly 24 hours too early.

If there's any more information I could provide that might help solve this, please let me know.

Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #20097 by vlester
you can try to display the date according to Aidanews, in default.php at the very bottom of the file just before
Code:
?php endif;?>
add
Code:
<?php echo "<br/>What's the time and date right now according to AidaNews?<br/>"; echo $now; ?>

More
12 years 5 months ago #20318 by andrewcroce
Hello,

That is very interesting. $now outputs tomorrow's date, 29 hours ahead. So it is now Nov 10, 9am eastern time, and the date displays Nov 11, 2pm.

For some reason it seems it is not following the system's timezone setting.

More
12 years 5 months ago #20327 by ggppdk
Actually the date is not one day off but probably a few hours will results in a date that doesnot include minutes/hour to be appear to be one day off.

The dates are stored in mySQL databases with their GMT value WITHOUT offset, when the dates are retrieved, they can be added(+-) the local tizone offset to appear correctly. So someone in europe will see a different time than some in australia. He will see a time according to his local time.

Maybe at some configuration of the module the date is offsetted twice? Normally the creation date you see in joomla/FLEXIcontent item manager, should be the same as the one displayed by the module.

To make sure that FLEXIcontent v1.5.4 displays correct creation dates, please create a new item and look at the creation date/time is it your current time?

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline