FLEXIContent - v2.0.0 - final for J2.5 released (r1648)

More
12 years 3 months ago #22205 by ggppdk
I was trying to implement cascade behavior for category filters, and i ended up checking all the (FC v2.0) category model for ACL and other issues, because if i found some ACL bugs and other issues in the category model:

1 - one bug allowed viewing of a category when a user did have the required access level to view it.
2 - one minor bug, the alpha-index was showing letters from all items of the category and not only the ones that the user had access to
3 - then also implemented ability for alpha-index to display items according to current filtering (this is a new feature for filters, and now i have added it to alpha-index too)
4 - added support for core filters: createdby / modifiedby / item type / item state / tags, these were missing in FC v2.0
5 - Fixed access level not checked properly for fields used as filters (meaning if a user cannot see a field then he/she should be able to use it as filter)
6 - Added support for "My Items"
7 - Added support for "Author Items" (ALL or in specific category), NOTE this if for frontend Display, NO support for backend AUTHOR management yet like in v1.5.6
8 - Fixed redirection to login page, (default component name has changed in J1.6+ it is now com_users and not com_user)
9 - Added better messages for wrong access
10 - Added sql error reporting via joomla messages to track down any SQL query errors (bugs)
11 - Fixed wrongly checked access level for subcategories, that caused allowed inclusion of subcategories that user did have access to view, and similar -minor importance- bugs for the reported number of assigned subcats and their assigned items (remember we have these numbers next to subcategory names), as the reported number of subcats and assigned items included all, (of course if show unauthorised global parameter is enabled then all must be shown)
12 - ? i think i checked everything

-- I will also check item model tomorrow, also now, i think i am able to fix category tree creation according to access level of the categories (we have an open bug).

-- Also we (me and enjoyman) have tracked down and fixed the weird bug that made the creation of the new search-index not to stop.

About what you report for items, i will check,
but do the users have edit capability in the main category of the item?

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 3 months ago #22217 by Myl
Hi,
In all the category and subcategory, for this users group, I have this configurations:

Can create - Allowed
Can delete - Allowed
Can edit - Allowed
Can modify state - Allowed
Can edit own items - Allowed

More
12 years 3 months ago #22237 by Arkadiy
Alpha-index on frontpage not work/ Link on frontpage
Code:
http://argens.ru/&letter=e
Look argens.ru/

\components\com_flexicontent\views\category\view.html.php
Code:
$this->assign('action', $uri->toString());
Code:
$uri =& JFactory::getURI();
This is not correct, action must be done manually.
More
12 years 3 months ago #22254 by micker
strange
on 2.0 - prerc3 r 1110 when i display a date field ...
Code:
array
;)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]
More
12 years 3 months ago #22267 by ggppdk

Arkadiy wrote: Alpha-index on frontpage not work/ Link on frontpage

Code:
http://argens.ru/&letter=e
Look argens.ru/

\components\com_flexicontent\views\category\view.html.php
Code:
$this->assign('action', $uri->toString());
Code:
$uri =& JFactory::getURI();
This is not correct, action must be done manually.

Yes i was about to fix this bug, it should not be difficult to fix, the problem is in the template file, we have an issue open:
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/i ... %20Summary
Subscribe to it to be notified of the fix

micker wrote: strange
on 2.0 - prerc3 r 1110 when i display a date field ...

Code:
array
;)

try displaying value [0], and using print_r
where do you try to display it ? please open a new forum thread

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
More
12 years 3 months ago #22336 by ggppdk
In r1133:

# Frontend category view (J1.7):
(a) Fixed and cleaned up ACL,
(b) Behavioral improvements and minor fixes for filters, item count, assigned items, alpha-index,
(c) Added support in frontend category view for "Author Items" and "My Items" Joomla Menu Items,
(d) Prepared support for future Backend Author management

So frontend category view 's ACL is 100% done, only if some bug was introduced (i hope not)

Will clean frontend item view ACL, Fix category tree, and update for J2.5, then will close remaining bugs

Will be in forums again after Thursday evening.

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline