Native Joomla's fields

More
10 years 3 months ago #44220 by deltafidesign
Hi,

I discovered today Flexicontent and I want to say that it's a very "flexy" extension. Good work, nice extension.

But.

At one point I came across this issue. And is'a very big problem, so big that I think I can't use Flexicontent actually.

Many Joomla! extensions like Gavick Modules and Rocketthemes modules use Joomla! default images (intro or full) to display them in module.

If I create a flexicontent image field anyway I cannot use it to display into those modules and that's very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bad... :mrgreen:

So, would you consider this feature for next releases?

This component would be intended as to be very flexible but it's not usable for good design (who use modules like that to display contents) and professional use unless you just need to create a simple blog with some extra fields and functionality.

Seriously, you bought a fantastic extension and didn't keep in it one of the most used option that most common extension like Gavick and Rockettheme use?

Come on guys... :mrgreen: tell me that I'm wrong and I didn't find yet where to enable that option in backend configuration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #44231 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Native Joomla's fields
did you try universal module ??? you can do every thing with this, loading all field,loading image in intro text, use templating and much setting of all module .. with only module you can do want you want ... just use some class and it's ok ;)

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
10 years 3 months ago #44249 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Native Joomla's fields

deltafidesign wrote: If I create a flexicontent image field anyway I cannot use it to display into those modules and that's very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very bad... :mrgreen:

Hello you description above is detailed, which is good just 1 "very" should be enough ;) for you sentence

Try this:
edit file
administrator\components\com_flexicontent\views\item\tmpl\default.php
and find line:
<?php if (0 && JComponentHelper::getParams('com_content')->get('show_urls_images_backend', 0) ) : ?>
remove the "0 &&" so that line becomes;
<?php if (JComponentHelper::getParams('com_content')->get('show_urls_images_backend', 0) ) : ?>

-- if these parameters are enabled in Joomla article manager (parameter: 'show_urls_images_backend'),
then the above change will make them appear inside FLEXIcontent item form , inside an TAB called "compatibility"

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 3 months ago #44502 by Apache
Replied by Apache on topic Native Joomla's fields
Hello,
I'm using the very last version of Flexicontent and I wanted to use the intro image field to display it with my intro text.
I tried this solution by removing the "0 &&" from
administrator\components\com_flexicontent\views\item\tmpl\default.php and it works : a tab called "compatibility" with those fields appears in item form :D
But... the selected intro picture don't appears as expected with the intro text... do I missed something ?

Thanks !!

More
10 years 2 months ago #44521 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Native Joomla's fields
Hello

-- these are not used inside FLEXIcontent category/item views
(we may add/should add usage of them)

-- you can use them via a Joomla category menu item (did you try this ?)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 2 months ago #44794 by tkart
Replied by tkart on topic Native Joomla's fields
hi
i've the same problem showing the intro image in the joomla category blog view.
i've just enable the compatibility tab and set the intro image on the article but on category view is not show.

any idea?
thanks

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline