Initial permission error

More
11 years 5 months ago #30852 by pabro
Replied by pabro on topic Initial permission error
With Fleximigrate from NetAssoPro i have exported content of joomla 1.5, flexicontent 1.5.6 and imported to joomla 2.5.7, flexicontent 2.0.0 RC9. In component Flexicontent in tab "Post installation" i have to update "Initial permission" (and some other plugins, but these are updated successfully), but the update dont have effect and show message "Invalid parent ID". Its the same like on screenshot from fabian. i have disabled flexicontent system plugin and rebuild categories and menu items, but no effect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #30853 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Initial permission error
So you tried this:

www.wincert.net/tips/joomla/2599 ... -parent-id

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 3 months ago #32819 by WarnerP
Replied by WarnerP on topic Initial permission error
Similar issue during migration from 1.5.26 to 2.5.6. FLEXIcontent version 2.0.0 RC9b (r1601).
Tried rebuilding the menus as suggested but the article manager and category manager just take me to the flexicontent initialization screen asking me to update the "intial permission"
clicking on it returns
Initial permission JTableAsset: :move Failed - Cannot move the node to be a child of itself

I tried disabling the system flexicontent plugin and was then able to see my articles and rebuild the categories but flexicontent still keeps returning that error.

I'm upgrading from 1.5 to 2.5 using fleximigrate. Fleximigrate script tells me I have one bad category and it fails on the "Initialize Rights" step.

I'm wondering if they are related. Is this step something I can manually fix in the database and is there a way to determine what category failed to migrate?

More
11 years 3 months ago #32830 by ggppdk
You have a loop in your asset tree or in category tree, maybe the following will help to find the loop:

1. Edit file:
administrator/components/com_flexicontent/models/flexicontent.php

2. Find code (at about line 1503)
Code:
// Save the category asset (create or update it) if (!$asset->check() || !$asset->store(false)) { echo $asset->getError(); $this->setError($asset->getError()); return false; }
with
Code:
if (!$asset->check() || !$asset->store(false)) { echo $asset->getError(); echo " Problem for asset with id: ".$asset ->id; echo " Problem for category with id: ".$category->id. "(".$category->title.")"; $this->setError($asset->getError()); return false; }

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 3 months ago #32868 by WarnerP
Replied by WarnerP on topic Initial permission error
Thanks. I tracked it down to a set of items with a similar parent_id; which I assumed is that category that isn't migrating, but turns out there are at least 5 categories with content that is being "orphaned".
BTW, I used this to track down the content. It was a bit easier to help locate the items.
echo " Problem saving asset with id: ".$asset ->id." and title ".$asset->title;

Two more thing. I've been deleting these items from the database to progress. I'd prefer not to have to do that when I migrate the production site. What should I do on the original site to ensure that these pieces of content migrate successfully?
And, is there a way to "safely" bulk delete previous version of content?

More
11 years 3 months ago #32870 by ggppdk
Maybe, before upgrading to J2.5, do this :

upgrade to FC r1601 and then edit and save all items and categories that give this trouble.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline