AiDaNews Module! (supports FLEXIcontent) {v. 1.1}

More
13 years 3 months ago #12659 by micker
thanks

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #12688 by ComposerRyan
Any word on this? :) See my quoted post below...

ComposerRyan wrote: I did notice a problem using the SEF fix above...in my sitemap, my Flexicontent URLS look like this:

Code:
http://www.mysite.com/news-articles/item/103-article-alias

However, on my homepage, when clicking on the article link (as supplied by AIDANEWS), it looks like this:
Code:
http://www.mysite.com/components/flexicontent/item/103-article-alias

It is the exact same article, but google is seeing TWO different links which hurts my google page rank badly. Is there a way to get the module to display it like the XMAP's links? Plus, the AIDANEWS still doesn't look right as it actually says "components/flexicontent" in the URL instead of the name of the category like "news-article" as seen in the sitemap version.

Thanks for your help and have a good Holiday! :D

More
13 years 3 months ago #12712 by shipflipper
Hello- I recently downloaded aida news 1.2.1, which I love! My only issue is that external links in the content area become disabled in the intro text portion of my aida news mod... Is there a way to enable them? Other than this issue, I absolutely love this mod. Btw, I am new to this site so if I am posting this question the wrong area I apologize. Thanks.

More
13 years 3 months ago #12729 by aeroomkar
Hi, I have installed AiDA News module to display related articles(I am not using Flexi Content). Everything works fine. But when you click on the article link in AiDA module, the article opens but with shorter URL

For example, actual URL for a article is
www.interiordesignpoint.in/furni ... alinauskas
when you click through AiDA news it shows just

www.interiordesignpoint.in/furniture/346

This URL is acting as a Duplicate in Google webmaster tools. Every article URL is having the same issue. Please help
I have placed the AiDA News module below the article when you open an article.
www.interiordesignpoint.in

More
13 years 3 months ago #12731 by thierryla
I need exactly the same function.
Nobody to answer or have a,y idea ? :)
Thx and happy new year

ComposerRyan wrote: Any word on this? :) See my quoted post below...

ComposerRyan wrote: I did notice a problem using the SEF fix above...in my sitemap, my Flexicontent URLS look like this:

Code:
http://www.mysite.com/news-articles/item/103-article-alias

However, on my homepage, when clicking on the article link (as supplied by AIDANEWS), it looks like this:
Code:
http://www.mysite.com/components/flexicontent/item/103-article-alias

It is the exact same article, but google is seeing TWO different links which hurts my google page rank badly. Is there a way to get the module to display it like the XMAP's links? Plus, the AIDANEWS still doesn't look right as it actually says "components/flexicontent" in the URL instead of the name of the category like "news-article" as seen in the sitemap version.

Thanks for your help and have a good Holiday! :D

More
13 years 3 months ago #12732 by effrit
i my case i have NOT different links.
both links (from aida and flexi categories) have NOT "components/flexicontent" part.
i use naitive SEF and 1.1.1 version of AiDa module and in module params i set
"Choose URLs" -> FLEXIurls
so, with my fix above, i have what i need - exacly the same links in aida, flexi and sitemap :)
also, i use this plugin for sitemap:
www.flexicontent.org/downloads/a ... ntent.html

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline