sh404sef url dont use alias / add no item-id

More
13 years 2 months ago #13537 by gswahhab
If you are seeing item in the url it means you dont have the correct setting selected.

1.) Open the com_flexicontent.php file and edit the 4 variables according to your preferences.

2.) Put the plugin in the folder components->flexicontent->sef_ext

3.) in sh404 ->configuration-> by component
make sure flexicontent is set to "use sh404 plugin if available" (if you dont select this it is typically why you will item in your url)

4.) purge urls by going to sh404->url manager-> purge urls

Check if it works. If it is not working. Someone made some small edits to my file because it was not working at first but now works perfectly including the duplicate issue. I attached that file maybe it will work for you.

There are other issues related to sh404 duplicates function but this plugin is working perfectly, that issue is an adjustment that needs to be made to sh404 itself and i am trying to solve right now. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #13632 by sarki
Awesome thank you, I'm redoing the site extensions Joomla.fr and I had a problem with sh404SEF and add sections to your favorites.
This file has solved my problems.
Cool :P

More
13 years 2 months ago #13633 by gswahhab
Glad it helped. I have also played with the acesef plugin which sh404 now supports which also works well. I have attached it for anyone that needs it.

Acesef author recently modified there plugins so they wouldn't work with sh404 but the one attached is the premodified version. Its a free plugin.

Acesef plugin has nice feature in that it can always use the primary url and itemid. problem is this doesn't preserve the user experience as a user may jump to another part of the site unknowingly.

I also recently exchanged some emails with sh404 author and sent him some files as well. We discussed the issues surrounding the multiple categories and he deducted the best way to handle it was to publish all the links as is but add cononical tags to solve the duplicate issue.

This preserves the experience and solves the duplicate issue. The solution though is very challenging as to how to know which one is the should be the right urls should have the canonical tags added to them.

Hopefully that means a solution is in the works.
Attachments:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline