Complex Field Queries [SOLVED]

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #18532 by Brat
Hello again. Please excuse if this question is repetitious; I couldn't find an answer.

I'm slowly but surely working my way through a very wild project using Flexicontent. I'm finding that a large part of my problem is with SQL field queries.

Example: I want to create a field which will populate a select list using a query such as:
Code:
SELECT [whatever item] FROM [some table] WHERE author = $user->id

In the very crude example above, $user->id would be the front end user who is now using the entry form. I can run simple queries and ones involving JOIN (which made me very happy), but I don't know how to add a query to a field like in the example.

For now, I'm using some jQuery in order to manipulate my items, and it's working, but I'd really prefer to construct do this in a query and make things a lot simpler.

Is it possible for me to write a query like this for a Flexicontent field?

If not, is this a query that must be run in my custom form.php file? If so, how would I create a select list that could then be passed by the form upon submit? Thanks! 8-)
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by Brat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #18535 by micker
It a good idéal but i thinks its not possible ... wihtout hard modification
Maybe use universal module to modify and display it content

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 8 months ago #18537 by ggppdk
Example for item titles:
Code:
SELECT c.id AS value, c.title AS text FROM #__content AS c WHERE created_by=62
(USERID 62 is the administrator) It is possible to create replaceable tags for the query e.g. current user {userid} but the userid of currently editing user is different from that of the currently viewing user, so the replacement will not have the results you expect.

A more meaningful replacement could be {itemowner} which will be the userid of the item owner
Code:
SELECT c.id AS value, c.title AS text FROM #__content AS c WHERE created_by={itemowner}
in selectmultiple.php in folder plugins/flexicontent_fields replace:
Code:
if ($sql_mode) { // SQL mode ... } else { // Elements mode
with:
Code:
if ($sql_mode) { // SQL mode $db =& JFactory::getDBO(); $jAp=& JFactory::getApplication(); $itemowner = $item->created_by; $query = preg_match('#^select#i', $field_elements) ? $field_elements : ''; $query = str_replace("{itemowner}", $itemowner, $query); $db->setQuery($query); $options = $db->loadObjectList(); if (!$options) {$jAp->enqueueMessage(nl2br($db->getErrorMsg()),'error'); return;} if (!$query || !is_array($options)) { $field->html = JText::_('FLEXI_FIELD_INVALID_QUERY'); } else { $field->html = JHTML::_('select.genericlist', $options, $field->name.'[]', 'multiple="multiple" class="'.$required.'"'.$size, 'value', 'text', $field->value); } } else { // Elements mode

i will add more of these into the select(multiple) Fields for v1.5.6

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 8 months ago #18538 by ggppdk
And also forgot to mention that probably the item will be viewed by unlogged users too (unless you limit access to it). Maybe you meant item-owner in the first place ...

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 8 months ago #18539 by Brat
Replied by Brat on topic Complex Field Queries [SOLVED]
AH!!! I will give this a try as soon as possible. Thanks! :D

More
12 years 8 months ago #18551 by micker
it possible to a global fonction into categori view?
to creat more powerfull views
(for exemple order by date limit by name ...etc) ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline