DPagebreak/Page Navigation Content Plugin

More
13 years 5 months ago #11780 by ~cXc~
I shouldn't need admin access at all just looking at the frontend is all I might need. If you can link me to the JomComment issue it might help also, Azrul and his team are a lot better coders than I am, looking into their fix for you could really help me figure out the problem.

What version of php do you use?
Just a thought because I'm currently only able to test 5.2.9, sometimes 5.3+ causes similar issues.

I understand about not being able to try everything I ask :oops: I do appreciate everything you have and can do to help me troubleshoot this issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #11781 by pembaris
Hi there,

You got PM :)

Oh I asked the guy who did the quick fix for JomComment but looks like he's MIA at the moment -_-

btw, for your info its PHP 5.2.6

More
13 years 5 months ago #11793 by ~cXc~
I have managed to reproduce these notices locally and will get to work on solving the issues.

Please note I only see the notices when I have error reporting set to maximum in Global configuration.

If you are using System-Default, none or Simple as error reporting they are not displayed. I know this is inconvenient if you are on a dev server but if live it should not be a problem for most. Until I can solve these issues I either recommend changing the error reporting setting or disabling DPagebreak.

I also made mention of the MTU plugin but after some testing it actually seems to have no affect on DPagebreak at all. I apologize for that confusion I have been troubleshooting extensions that are not compatible with the MTU plugin and sense the JS looked like MT 1.1.2 compliant code I thought there would be conflicts.

So there are no *known* conflicts with MTU at this time after all :)

More
13 years 5 months ago #11795 by pembaris
cXc,

I see. Oh thanks for the tips and advice!

I am still not giving up on this plugin since I know its capability and functionality, though some of us already taking it back old school, if you know what I mean.

It's already great to know there is such plugin to work with Flexi, can't thank you enough!

Thanks for the information regards to MTU. But MTU does break the template system on Flexi backend though. I guess that is totally unrelated :roll:

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #11809 by ~cXc~
I do know what you mean about taking it back to old school, there used to be hundreds of extensions I would consider during design ... now there is less than 10 o.O

I have actually been working on this plugin in one form or another for over a year, probably closer to 2, so at this point its pretty much got all the " bells and whistles " I can think of. Its just fixing the issues like the ones you have found that I need to focus on. My entire goal with DPagebreak was to have a flexible pagebreak that works with *all* content parsing extensions and that provides options no other extension has. So far it works in most CCK's and form builders and does what I wanted so I guess it's off to a decent start :)

As far as getting rid of the notices goes, I have that sorted now and will be updating the plugin later today, I'm looking into one feature that was present in previous unreleased versions now to see if I can implement it again :)

Either way I'll release it and the editor-xtd button, I will most likely create a new button to address the <hr /> trouble that occurred as many CCK's have removed the button from their editors. Should be a rather quick and simple extension to get created, just an edited version of "Editor Button - Pagebreak".

I also plan to get the SVN's updated for Google Code and Joomla Code today, I might even list in JED, so I guess I should get back to work if I want to make sure I get everything done lol

[EDIT] I didn't get everything done ... no SVN updates, no JED but did get the new feature added and all support files ready :D

I just have to finish adding the options and do a little more testing :)

I had to rename the Editor Button plugins, they were actually named backwards o.O and we now have a DPagebreak button to insert the pagebreak <hr /> and DP Style button to select the items TOC style ... anyway, I will get to the main plugin today (November 20, 2010) ... I may be adding another class to the DP Style - Example plugin CSS but the editor buttons shouldn't need to be updated for 1.4.8 [/EDIT]
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by ~cXc~.

More
13 years 5 months ago #11820 by pembaris

~cXc~ wrote: I do know what you mean about taking it back to old school, there used to be hundreds of extensions I would consider during design ... now there is less than 10 o.O

Hehe :)

~cXc~ wrote: I have actually been working on this plugin in one form or another for over a year, probably closer to 2, so at this point its pretty much got all the " bells and whistles " I can think of. Its just fixing the issues like the ones you have found that I need to focus on. My entire goal with DPagebreak was to have a flexible pagebreak that works with *all* content parsing extensions and that provides options no other extension has. So far it works in most CCK's and form builders and does what I wanted so I guess it's off to a decent start :)

Its more than just decent. I think it's awesome and useful!

As far as getting rid of the notices goes, I have that sorted now and will be updating the plugin later today, I'm looking into one feature that was present in previous unreleased versions now to see if I can implement it again :)

Either way I'll release it and the editor-xtd button, I will most likely create a new button to address the <hr /> trouble that occurred as many CCK's have removed the button from their editors. Should be a rather quick and simple extension to get created, just an edited version of "Editor Button - Pagebreak".

I also plan to get the SVN's updated for Google Code and Joomla Code today, I might even list in JED, so I guess I should get back to work if I want to make sure I get everything done lol

Oh I wish I am coder to help/contribute as well but I am far from it :( But I can always help with testing or some minor stuffs ;)

Keep us posted :)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.590 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline