DPagebreak/Page Navigation Content Plugin

More
13 years 5 months ago #11832 by ~cXc~
Updated DPagebreak Plugin to version 1.4.9b
Added DPagebreak Editor Button version 1.0.1
Updated DP Style Editor Button to version 1.0.4
Updated DP Example Style to version 1.0.2

DPagebreak Plugin 1.4.9b Changes
[-] Removed developer snapshot that was included with 1.4.9 initial release, some unused residual files remain.
[$] Added and updated some language strings.
[*] Plugin was processing item titles whether they were used or not, partially implemented fix :oops: 1.5.0 will have full fix.
[*] Removed error reporting set to maximum notices.

DPagebreak Editor Button 1.0.1 *NEW*
[+] DPagebreak plugin check to show button.
[+] Hide standard pagebreak button if enabled.
[^] Changed image used for the editor button.
[!] Copied and renamed standard Joomla! pagebreak plugin.

DP Style Editor Button 1.0.4 Changes
[^] Changed image used for the editor button.
[$] Updated some language strings for the plugin.
[!] Renamed plugin to make more sense and allow for DPagebreak plugin to be used for pagebreaks.

DP Example Style 1.0.2 Changes
[!] Fixed version number in XML file.

There may have been a couple other changes but that's the ones I remember.

So far the 1.5.0 version will have the complete fix for item titles not being used and if I can figure out why the preloader doesn't work with com_content and get that fixed I'll include it also. For those curious I'm trying to preload by using JS to hide the content until its loaded then remove the loading gif background. I do not like the idea of hiding my content with CSS then having JS show it because of possible conflicts or JS being disabled and content never being displayed.

If I update any of the other plugins in the set it will most likely be adding the DPagebreak plugin check to the DP Style editor button, I can't think of anything the other buttons are missing.

As always, thanks for everyone's support and for helping me troubleshoot DPagebreak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #11931 by ~cXc~
Message I replied to was removed o.O
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by ~cXc~.

More
13 years 5 months ago #11933 by pabro
Hello,

general question about SEO and this plugin: would be the hidden part with "display:none" indexed by google?

Thanks.

More
13 years 5 months ago #11936 by pembaris

~cXc~ wrote: I don't think possible with this plugin, its not actually creating separate pages it is only mimicking it. View page source and you will see what it does, that is why it is able to work on so many different types of content parsing components. It just wraps what you tell it is a page with a div and then hides all of them except one. Then it displays them one at a time to when the visitor clicks the *page* links.

That is also why the transition is so smooth, the content is already loaded its just not displayed until you request it. The so called *pages* all load at once, so there is no wait time for them.

I think the only way to do what you want would be to create multiple items. Then create a table (set width) listing all the items with links (could use ADV Links). Wrap the table in a div and float it right/left or whatever. Problem, you have to do it by hand every time :roll: but it does do what you wanted ...

Sorry, I hope you understand, English is my only language, unless you count Google Translate :oops:

cXc,

Hmmm I am trying to digest this.

Does it means the notice notes doesn't have a fix (or there is nothing to fix in the first place?)

Means 1.5.0 won't address the Notice fixes?

Thanks for the great suggestion too!

But somehow that sounds like it defeats the purpose of this plugin right? hehe :P

More
13 years 5 months ago #11940 by ~cXc~

pembaris wrote: cXc,

Hmmm I am trying to digest this.

:oops: That message was answering another question that I guess was removed from the thread. I've edited it since it makes no sense without the post I was replying to.

pembaris wrote: Does it means the notice notes doesn't have a fix (or there is nothing to fix in the first place?)

Means 1.5.0 won't address the Notice fixes?

There shouldn't be any Notices displayed as of 1.4.9, that has been taken care of :)

I think I will package a 1.4.9c version later this week that addresses some small code changes that have no impact on functionality before moving toward a 1.5.0 version. The 1.5.0 version will have the JS file rewritten and will most likely be a while before I can do it.

pembaris wrote: Thanks for the great suggestion too!

But somehow that sounds like it defeats the purpose of this plugin right? hehe :P

The suggestion was meant for another post that asked about having different comment instances on *each* of the *pages* created.

More
13 years 5 months ago #11956 by arthurien
There is a lot misunderstanding in the post after the disappearance of my message!
Sorry, I do not know why it was deleted!
(An English teacher did not like :) )
And thank you for your answer!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline