DPagebreak/Page Navigation Content Plugin

More
13 years 5 months ago #11722 by kenmcd
~cXc~,
The DPagebreak-1.4.7.zip (111.08 KiB) includes two ZIP file packages for previous versions.
This is why the file size is about 3X the size it should be.
So you may want to repackage that.
;)

The plug-in is looking really good.

KM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #11726 by ~cXc~
Sorry about that I was in a hurry to get it posted to address bugs in the other packages :oops: it has been repackaged and added to the first post.

I'm trying to maintain copies of all older releases in my dev folder and I inadvertently zipped them all

There are no other changes yet, I'm not sure what else I could added as a feature ... maybe change text on the DPagebreak button to something like "TOC Style" or "DP Style" but other than that I'm stalled until I get more info about ...

pembaris wrote: Hi guys,

So I was working on documentation and looking for a PageBreak, then I found this!

Thanks for sharing it! However, it doesn't work even after doing all the instructions above :(

Any help?

... after that is sorted I might have a better idea of where to go from there and start optimizing things. Oh and working on the JS o.O JS doesn't like me much ... at least I understand all the JS needed for the plugin :D

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #11762 by pembaris

~cXc~ wrote: If you have MooTools Upgrade plugin enabled that is one plugin that it does not work with, Joomla 1.5.21 shipped with this plugin erroneously activated by default, this was corrected with Joomla 1.5.22 but some designers never noticed.

That's the only known incompatibility that I am aware of but it definitely sounds like its probably a JS conflict.

If it's a JS conflict I'll try to get this fixed ASAP, but I need to know what s causing it and then I can figure out why and work on a solution.

Hi there!

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get notification on the replies -_-

Anyway, it is a 1.5.21 site. I will update the site to 1.5.22 real soon. It's not mine so I can't easily update it myself even if I want to (it's complicated to explain this so let's just ignore this part ;p)

~cXc~ wrote: What browser are you using?
Firefox 3.x

Do you know if its a browser related issue?
I don't think so

What version of Joomla! are you using?

What Joomla! content editor (JCE, TinyMCE etc) are you using?
TinyMCE 2.0

Do you have a live site I can look at where the plugin is not working?
It's on "Special" privileges and I will share once it's publicly viewable (again I don't mind if it was my site -_-)

Do you also have issues with FlexiBreak by flowman ?

Hmm I never use FlexiBreak so far :)

The more information you can provide the faster I can solve your problem. Your post doesn't give me much to work with to solve your issue :oops:

1.5.21 Mootools upgrade does break Flexi's templating last time I checked. So this might be the issue, I'll fix that and see if it worked, and get back to you guys with the updates :)

Again, thanks for this awesome plugin cXc!

UPDATE: So upgraded to 1.5.22 and it still doesn't work :(

Yeah I have the mootools plugin enabled and too bad I can't disable it. It will break other things on the site. The site is www.jomsocial.com and the page im working with is still under construction and only viewable for Special access.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by pembaris.

More
13 years 5 months ago #11764 by pembaris
So I went and tried to disable mootools upgrade plugin, it still doesn't work. However, I noticed I was using
Code:
<hr />
instead of
Code:
<hr class="system-pagebreak" title="The page title" alt="The first page" />
So when I used the above, it worked, but if gave me this error:
Code:
Notice: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to int in ~/plugins/content/dpagebreak.php on line 67 Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$title in ~/plugins/content/dpagebreak.php on line 78 Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$item_title in ~/plugins/content/dpagebreak.php on line 79 Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in ~/plugins/content/dpagebreak.php on line 113 Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in ~/plugins/content/dpagebreak.php on line 115 Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in ~/plugins/content/dpagebreak.php on line 117 Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in ~/plugins/content/dpagebreak.php on line 119 Notice: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to int in ~/plugins/content/dpagebreak.php on line 67 Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in ~/plugins/content/dpagebreak.php on line 113 Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in ~/plugins/content/dpagebreak.php on line 115 Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in ~/plugins/content/dpagebreak.php on line 117 Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in ~/plugins/content/dpagebreak.php on line 119

Hope that helps!

More
13 years 5 months ago #11765 by ~cXc~
Notices aren't the same as errors but I can't really help if I can't reproduce them :(

I appreciate the information you have shared and it has given me some insight but I'm afraid its still not enough for me to give you a definitive answer for a fix.

I can toss out some guesswork and the rest of the questions I asked about Joomla version and browser etc again ...

Starting from the first notice that's the check to see if the page is the sites home page. *Guessing* since the notice is coming from the Itemid which should be an integer anyway and not require converting, I'm thinking perhaps its a modRewrite or maybe SEF thing :? perhaps its a conflict with another plugin or module ...

Do you use SEF, modRewrite (ie .htaccess) and if so does the notices occur with it turned off?

Is your site live, can I get a link to it?

I do a lot of troubleshooting for other extensions and have gotten pretty good at doing it just by looking at the pages that errors occur on, if you don't want to continue discussing this publicly please PM me any information you can and I will do my best to resolve your issues.

Something you might try and I don't know what the affects will be is change line 67 to ...
Code:
if ((JRequest::getInt('Itemid', '') == $menu->getDefault()) || (JRequest::getVar('view') == "frontpage" )){
... or maybe ...
Code:
if ((JRequest::getVar('Itemid') == $menu->getDefault()) || (JRequest::getVar('view') == "frontpage" )){
... but I don't know if it will help or not.

Its very difficult to troubleshoot blind :(

More
13 years 5 months ago #11771 by pembaris
Hi there,

I see. Thanks for letting me know about that. I am quite sure it must be some conflicts with other components (or SEF) if not because of major hacking that is done on the site.

Since it is not my site (and have no clue if changing any core/external codes will break other things on the site), will show you the site on frontend helps?

Maybe I can give you administrator access if that helps. The Notice was up too for "JomComment" and the developers managed to get rid of it (just a quick fix).

I wish I can turn the SEF off to test but again it is not my site and I am not sure if the site owner allows me to do that.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline