Does the search and advanced search works?

More
12 years 4 months ago #20668 by pshoeg
Yes, but it only finds the items that have a tag. I have somewhere between 500 and 600 items, but when I index, it only finds 14 items (I have 14 items with tags).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #20670 by ggppdk
The item and description are indexed by a seperate index in the main flexicontent content table,

!! So we use 2 indexes are used by the NEW search view.

!! The second index only has the items that have data in the rest of the fields that are declared "advanced searchable"

-- 1. I will change the name "Advanced Searchable" and call it "Searchable By Index"
-- 2. Also i will make this field not to apeear in title and description.
-- 3. Various fields can be made to support the Index-mode search by declaring the searchable data via a special function, e.g. the image field can declare its description as the searchable data.
-- 4. I will also put some more user help on it in the backend (i have already improved the search menu item and the cleaned the frontend view, initially they were much less friendly and difficult)
-- 5. i will improve user friendlines more for frontend via baloons.
-- 6. For v2.0 FC (J1.6/J1.7) it maybe broken, i just copied the code and i tested only a little.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

• Anonymous
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 3 months ago #21324 by Anonymous
Replied by Anonymous on topic Does the search and advanced search works?
I corrected the standard search and added a bit of flexibility. Now the plugin is able to look at the headers and descriptions, metadata, tags and flexicontent text fields. In addition it is possible to limit the search to material type. Please test it.
Attachments:

More
12 years 3 months ago #21345 by ggppdk
I see your issue in bug tracker , i will examine changes and include it in v2.0 (J1.7) version

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 2 months ago #21514 by pshoeg
Hi there,

AceSearch 1.7 has just come out, but the plugin for FlexiContent doesn't seem to work with FlexiContent 2.0. Does anyone know who made the original AceSearch plugin for FlexiContent?

More
12 years 2 months ago #21526 by ggppdk
The plugin seems to have been authored by the authors of ACE search (JoomAce LLC).

It does not work because of code for sections (sections are no longer used in J1.7), i have removed it, install this one for J1.7 version of AceSearch:
(to everybody else this is installed via the ACE Search Panel not via the joomla extension manager)
[attachment=0:2nx1hl8c]<!-- ia0 -->ext_acesearch_flexicontent_j17-free.zip<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2nx1hl8c]

PS: i see that it searches in:
- item title,
- item intro text,
- item full text
- item tags
but doesnot search inside text fields or other type of fields.

Attachments:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline