Does the search and advanced search works?

More
11 years 10 months ago #25505 by ggppdk
mmm, no timeframe is set, but as soon as we can it ll be finished.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #27307 by ggppdk
About, J2.5 smart search, it uses the indexing to store data like our advanced search feature.

-- We can create smart search plugin, that will call the advanced Indexing of FLEXIcontent fields, and aggregate all data to a single item

-- Maybe we could also define multiple search areas ONE per FLEXIcontent searchable field, to achieve searching individual fields, maybe also display the filters of the fields

-- All the above can be done by FLEXIcontent advanced search view, maybe FLEXIcontent advanced search feature could use the Joomla's smart search index to store data

working on it

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
11 years 8 months ago #27550 by robert.jacobi@arctg.com
What's the status of search and/or advanced search currently?

I've got 2.0 RC5 (r1315, the previous version didn't seem to work correctly either) and I'm trying to get search to work with non-core text fields. Those fields are enabled for searching and advanced searching in Flexicontent, and I've tried enabling/disabling any and all search plugins that are mentioned in this thread, but it's still not searching against the text fields.

If this is still in development, is there some way to extend Flexicontent so I can statically add particular fields to the search?

Thanks.

More
11 years 8 months ago #27555 by ggppdk
In r1420 you can use the standard FLEXIcontent search plugin,
which supports searching in tags and in text fields

More
11 years 8 months ago #27588 by robert.jacobi@arctg.com
It's now updated to r1420, but I'm still not getting any results for my text fields.

If I turn off all search plugins except Flexicontent standard search, I get no results (searches don't match against titles or introtext). If I enable Flexicontent advanced search (with standard on or off), titles and introtext are matched, but I'm still not getting matches against the non-core text fields.

More
11 years 8 months ago #27590 by ggppdk
you are in J1.5 with v1.5.6 or in J2.5 with v2.0?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.498 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline