Does the search and advanced search works?

More
11 years 11 months ago #24813 by hede
Okay, so I need to have two search forms on my site - Smart Search for non FC items and Advanced Search for FC items? Is that right? Cheers

FF on Win10, FLEXIcontent version 3.0.10 on Joomla 3.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #24814 by ggppdk
Actually Advanced search will work will other search plugins too, but i will say more very soon

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 11 months ago #25488 by agata
I am using 2.0 RC5 r1315 on Joomla 2.5.4
for now I only have one custom field which is an image field and I don't intend to search through it so I need to be able to search through the core fields like title and description. when I create the menu item for the flexicontent search, the message saying the feature is still under development states that it is at this point possible to search through the titles and descriptions. however the search doesn't retrieve any results. the same happens when I enable the search field for a category. I can't index the articles because it says that it "Cannot index because no flexicontent field(s) use advance search mode."

in the fields manager all the icons for filterable, advanced searchable and searchable are inactive (searchable are displaying ticks and the other two - crosses but they are all greyed-out)

am I missing something? the search plugin is enabled. thanks in advance for your assistance

More
11 years 11 months ago #25489 by agata
yeah I was missing something really basic (being able to make a field advanced-searchable from the field edit page). however the search forms from the categories still fail to work, they don't retrieve any results

More
11 years 11 months ago #25492 by ggppdk
Please don't use advance search in view J2.5 yet,

The standard search plugin works properly with Joomla's standard search component.

Working is being done to for bugfixing and automating the advanced search feature.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
11 years 11 months ago #25501 by agata
alright. what's the timeframe for the release of a version with functional advanced search?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline