AiDaNews Module! (supports FLEXIcontent) {v. 1.1}

More
13 years 4 months ago #12374 by ComposerRyan
Thanks for the help, that worked! By the way, the URL still displays the word "Flexicontent" like this:
Code:
http://www.mysite.com/component/flexicontent/item/207-title-of-article-goes-here

Is there no way to get rid of the /component/flexicontent/ part of the url? I don't mind the "/item" part of the URL.

Also, here are the instructions on how to do this so people do not have to go searching (thanks again for the help!)...
Code:
INSTRUCTIONS: 1) Open \modules\mod_aidanews\tmpl\default.php 2) Find: $link = JRoute::_(FlexicontentHelperRoute::getItemRoute($row->id, $row->catid, $row->sectionid)); 3) Replace with: $link = JRoute::_(FlexicontentHelperRoute::getItemRoute($row->id."-".$row->alias, $row->catid, $row->sectionid));

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #12584 by ComposerRyan
This has probably been asked before: but do you know if you can display the articles custom TAGS? You know, for instance, the keyword tags assigned to that article? So, if my article is about dogs and my keyword tags are "dogs, animals, pets" is there a way to display those with this module?

More
13 years 4 months ago #12610 by ComposerRyan
I did notice a problem using the SEF fix above...in my sitemap, my Flexicontent URLS look like this:

Code:
http://www.mysite.com/news-articles/item/103-article-alias

However, on my homepage, when clicking on the article link (as supplied by AIDANEWS), it looks like this:
Code:
http://www.mysite.com/components/flexicontent/item/103-article-alias

It is the exact same article, but google is seeing TWO different links which hurts my google page rank badly. Is there a way to get the module to display it like the XMAP's links? Plus, the AIDANEWS still doesn't look right as it actually says "components/flexicontent" in the URL instead of the name of the category like "news-article" as seen in the sitemap version.

Thanks for your help and have a good Holiday! :D

More
13 years 4 months ago #12642 by thierryla

dafunks wrote: Hello,

I've been playing with this module. Great functionality!

I noticed this module makes quite a few sql queries. Enabling the module (V 2.0 beta) adds another 22 queries to my home page. I know the number of queries isn't always the best indicator of performance but 22 queries seems a bit steep, especially since I may want to use several instances of this module on the same page.

Does anyone know how this module compares performance wise with other content retrieval modules?

Thanks for this very functional module!

Hello,
I tried V2.0 Beta... it's much faster than V1.2.1 but "class module suffix" (in french "suffixe module de classe") doesnt work anymore...
But with V1.2.1, it is very very slow, even in localhost.

More
13 years 4 months ago #12655 by micker
do have link to new beta ?

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline