FLEXIContent - v1.5.6 - final for J1.5 released (r1648)

More
12 years 7 months ago #19116 by igcorreia
I think suggestion 1 is great. We also struggling with the module linking to the wrong page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #19150 by HillWoody
Hi ggppdk,

menuitem: I tried the "No, force..." setting. By activation via a module this links constantly to an unpublished Item (in my case ID 13 - don't know why). I use ReReplacer to change this to the correct menuitem.

filters: "blog" template seems to act correctly, "default" template does not. All my templates are built upon "default", so I cannot switch off filters display.

Regards

More
12 years 7 months ago #19188 by Rehne
Module Flexicontent link problem

Hi,

i have the same or a similar problem like HillWoody described above

when i click a linked item title in the flexi module, he dont goes for the menu (in FC 1.5.5 r607 it works fine)

as ggppdk wrote there are a few new settings

ggppdk wrote: About the menu itemid:
As you have seen, the v1.5.6 has a couple new Global options to allow the user to define what menu itemid is added to the URL.

Did you try to set the option:

"Add above(default menu itemid) to Flexicontent URLs" to the value:

"No, forces current or appends ..."

I think I have tested all options (with SEF and without SEF) but the problem still exists

whats going wrong ?????

Regards

More
12 years 7 months ago #19195 by ggppdk
To HillWoody & Rehne:

When the module is displaying the item links, it will add to these links, the following Menu Itemid (in that order if found):

1. A menu item to the item's id + currect category cid
2. A menu item to the item' id
3. A menu item to any category of the item
4. The default menu item id OR the current item id OR nothing (leaves it to Joomla to append something if possible)

The Global option for "default menu itemid" only effects step 4.

Meaning if any of step 1-3 succeed we never reach step 4.

So you suggest to add an option to the Flexicontent Universal Module to force to use current menu itemid ???

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 7 months ago #19215 by ggppdk
Added an option to the module to always add the current menu item id to the item links. Will be on next available download,

maybe today

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 7 months ago #19216 by Rehne
Hi ggppdk,

I think ... i understand your explanation
but i do not know, whether that solves my problem
I do not think so ... I belief the new settings in FC 1.5.6beta (SEF Options) cause the problem

again to explain an example:

in my site i have created menu item links to categorys, then i have created the flexi module scope for some of these categorys
in the front end i tested the title links and it does not link to the menu items
so ...
i have a menu item to a category and the item with the title link belongs to this category, then this category menu item should become active, but it does not...whether with or without SEF

in FC 1.5.5 r607 without the new SEF Options it works fine
sbg.solarbuergergenossenschaft.de/

this problem also occurs with the AiDaNews Module and FC 1.5.6beta (in FC 1.5.5 r607 no Problems)
so I guess it's not a problem of the FC Module

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.339 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline