FLEXIContent - v1.5.6 - final for J1.5 released (r1648)

More
12 years 7 months ago #19281 by loicberder

ggppdk wrote: About URLs and SEF URLs and menu itemid(s):
I must check this, i thought i had it very right, but it appears it is not? But the good is that it never gives bad (broken) links

ggppdk
can i help in something ?
loïc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #19287 by mazataza

ggppdk wrote: To HillWoody & Rehne:

When the module is displaying the item links, it will add to these links, the following Menu Itemid (in that order if found):

1. A menu item to the item's id + currect category cid
2. A menu item to the item' id
3. A menu item to any category of the item
4. The default menu item id OR the current item id OR nothing (leaves it to Joomla to append something if possible)

The Global option for "default menu itemid" only effects step 4.

Meaning if any of step 1-3 succeed we never reach step 4.

So you suggest to add an option to the Flexicontent Universal Module to force to use current menu itemid ???

what about the case where is no menu item to any category of the item but there is for the parent category?
I think this is also make sense because not every category will have a menu items. use the menu item for one of the parent categories should also be an options.

More
12 years 7 months ago #19389 by loicberder
hello,

am i alone with this url problem ??

some url are including "menucategory_alias" AND "category_alias" that is causing duplicated part of the pathway

Thanks for the new version and your hard work
Loïc

the category url from a menu (or in the breadcrumbs) are OK, no problem :
.../singers/songs/letitbe
.../menucategorie_alias/menusubcategorie_alias/item_alias

Problem is with the url from category page or displayed in a "category items" field and also for the items url :

.../singers/songs/2-the_songs/letitbe

Code:
.../categorymenu_alias/subcategorymenu_alias/subcategory_id-subcategory_alias/ .../menucategory_alias/menusubcategory_alias/subcategory_id-subcategory_alias/item_id-item_alias/

More
12 years 7 months ago #19413 by ggppdk
Your message is clear and helpful and it makes easier to answer you. Maybe you can make some suggestion

Look at the URL you provided:
.../menucategory_alias/menusubcategory_alias/subcategory_id-subcategory_alias/item_id-item_alias/

1. As you can see by part:
.../menucategory_alias/menusubcategory_alias

-- The selected MENU itemid points to some category of the item and not to the item itself.
-- So we cannot avoid adding also to the URL: /subcategory_id-subcategory_alias/item_id-item_alias/

2. The usefulness of .../menucategory_alias/menusubcategory_alias
-- is to allow joomla to identify which component must be called to create the page of this URL.

3. If we do not add .../menucategory_alias/menusubcategory_alias then joomla will add the current menu itemid if it points to any flexicontent page OR it will add to the URL this:

component/flexicontent

Do you have any other suggestion???

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 7 months ago #19466 by Rehne

created a menu link to an item K and when you click a link to item K in the Flexicontent module, the menu item does not become active

is there an idea for solving this - i think big- problem now? :oops:

is there a possibility to handle it as it was in the FC r607?

Regards

More
12 years 7 months ago #19475 by ggppdk
Ok, Fixed menu item to flexicontent category not activated when an item belonging to the category is clicked.

Also:
^ Changes for compatibility:
(a) changed global option default value for item field creation to always create
field display in item view
(b) changed global option default value for choosing menu item to prefer current
before default fallback menu item
(c) remove (the recently added) force current menu item option for Universal
module

Will make a new download now ...

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline