FLEXIContent - v2.0.0 - final for J2.5 released (r1648)

More
12 years 5 months ago #21141 by xmac
Will the next version be able for multilanguage ? It would be great to use the normal functions of joomla 1.73 to make a site multilanguage without any other component like joomfish.
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 5 months ago #21144 by ggppdk
We mades some fixes in multilanguage since RC1a, you can use multilanguage using the joomla l.7 language selector, the items have a language and you can enable language filtering in category view.

Wait for v2.0 RC2 , which has various fixes and enhancements e.g. preview unapproved version in frontent.

Only one thing you cannot do:
Associate an item with a another item that has same content in other language, so that you can switch language on the fly for items.

This you cannot do !

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
More
12 years 5 months ago #21148 by xmac
Thanks for your answer, I will try it. When will RC2 come?
More
12 years 5 months ago #21149 by ggppdk
We have open defect issues in the bug tracker, so we must fix-close them all or almost all of them, before we have RC2.

Current release has
-- various fixes compared to RC1a,
plus some stuff like:
- frontend preview of unapproved,
- a new template called presentation (the modular item layout can now be used in category view too !!!),
- an improved category view where search / filters / alpha-index all work properly and also work with FULL page joomla caching ( joomla caching system plugin)

I guess next weekend, maybe earlier i will make a nightly build.

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
More
12 years 5 months ago #21151 by xmac
Wow, you are great.
I have seen, when I activate the language-switcher, joomla will find and display the joomla-content, I'm not a programmer, but it seems this switcher must be a new one for flexiContent?
More
12 years 5 months ago #21156 by ggppdk
no, no, the language switcher comes with joomla,

-- we just use it as we used the joomfish language selector in J1.5.x, to filter category views according to the item language, Joomla 1.7 does the same thing (regardless of FLEXIcontent): it can filter articles by language (J1.5 did not have this)

Please read joomla 1.7 DOCUMENTATION for multi language ...

-- and this guide is very helpful too on how to setup the multi-language support in J1.7:
wiki.gavick.com/questions/config ... oomla-1-7/

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline