FLEXIContent - v2.0.0 - final for J2.5 released (r1648)

More
12 years 4 months ago #21233 by ggppdk
I am sorry but old beta installations are not supported, we restructured the permissions.

You version cannot be upgraded,
-- unless you delete manually from the jos_assets table all data related to flexicontent,
-- and then go to dashboard

(NOTE: Never uninstall or will loose your extended item data, and other FLEXIcontent data, also in your case uninstalling will not help)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 4 months ago #21234 by flummi84
i deleted all flexicontent connected data in _assets, and installed RC2. still stuck in initial permission.
thanks for your help. any other idea?

loaded a backup with beta4 r934. could u please provide a little more detailed howto on the upgrade or is there a documentation i missed!?
More
12 years 4 months ago #21240 by xmac
I have tested the new FC, when I have an image-field in the item, this is now shown in category-blog-view, when I have no image, the title is shown in place of the image, but there should be nothing. In safari and chrome there is a placeholder shown.

The second is there is no page-navigation shown in article with no menu-item (e.g. in the category News).

When I have the mouse over an image or a title, there is shown the tooltip without a background and with the whole width, and the same happens in the module, I think this has to do with the template-css, but I don't know how I can change this.
More
12 years 4 months ago #21243 by ggppdk
To flummi84:

The permissions area of FLEXIcontent v2.0 for J1.7 were a real pain and were fixed by me , enjoyman and a forum member Peter ...

Also note that the previous versions were beta, and it is too much to ask for support for early betas. I hope you don't take me wrong on this one.

It was and is too much work to develop and support this big component (authored by Emmanuel and others).

I don't use J1.7, i have put a lot of effort and a lot of time to make the J1.7 version (me and enjoyman), for a version that i really don't use now.

I did it for the community and for knowledge, i have lost time and money (and i hope i will not loose my wife too :D ), making the version (also enjoyman is working on FC v2.0 but he is paid for it)

I use J1.5 and i plan to skip J1.7 and use J2.5 which will be (i hope) more or less compatible with most of J1.7

If you have the FC v2.0 beta on a commercial site for a client or something, then i could try to look at it for a fee, otherwise please please do a fresh install.

Best Regards and thanks for choosing FC ;)

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
More
12 years 4 months ago #21250 by ggppdk
To xmac:

About article navigation, maybe i read your post too fast, i thought you meant pagination i category view, i fixed this bug. Fix is on the SVN, it is bug related to parameters, that exists but never manifests in FC v1.5.x.

Because article navigation really missed something, i added counter to prev and next to show how many items exist before and after an item, although this should be OPTIONAL, i will add this option later.

For the fix extract from SVN or wait for next download package.

Regards

More
12 years 4 months ago #21257 by ggppdk
Made a nightly build r1055 (if you have problems return to RC2):
code.google.com/p/flexicontent/downloads/list

Fixes:
-- Fixed text field to display zero value
-- Fixed Multiple instances of related items fields
-- Added missing language strings for flexiadvsearch module
-- Fixed copy parameters for categories
-- Fixed article navigation (=next/previous items in category)

Additions / enhancements:
-- Made text and date fields filterable
-- Added counter to prev and next items in article navigation
-- Prefixed images/js/css paths of FLEXIcontent fields with JURI:root() to be more compatible with joomla plugins that do page manipulation , e.g. css/js aggregators compressors

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline