AllNews Module - FLEXIcontent support! (v 2.5.5)

More
14 years 1 month ago #4830 by newbieinprogress
No problem and in the same time I discover php 5.3.

Now I have still two problems with the variable "voti" and the variable "visite" respectively line 487 and line 496 and I suppose it's the same cause.
I have the same error message : "Undefined variable:"
And I'm a bit lost.

Have you or anyone an idea ?

Thanks a lot

P.S : perhaps a stupid idea but why not line 288

Change :
Code:
if ($voti == 1) {

for
Code:
if ($voti <= 1) {

It doesn't solve my problem but it will fulfil my curiosity :oops:
The topic has been locked.
More
14 years 1 month ago #4843 by Olinad
mmh when there's only one vote it should display "1 vote", while "0 votes" should be plural just like "897389 votes"... the same for anything else.

I'll look into that anyway (scribbled on the to-do list), but I guess it is related to an if statement that isn't read properly by php...
More
14 years 1 month ago #4868 by Olinad
I got where the error is... it's not dependent on PHP 5.3, as I encountered it with php 5.2.11.
You can correct it in the following way (be sure to grab next version (2.5) coming soon, where I applied the PHP 5.3 corrections, this bugfix and added many new features :D )

I don't know the number of the lines I'm going to edit, as I added a lot of lines from v 2.3 to v 2.5, so I'll just tell you where to put things... use the search option to get where you want.

Search for
Code:
if ($voti == 1) { $ratingtitle = $ratingtitle_S; }else{ $ratingtitle = $ratingtitle_P; }

Get rid of it and paste this there:
Code:
if ($params->get('show_rating') == '1') { if ($voti == 1) { $ratingtitle = $ratingtitle_S; }else{ $ratingtitle = $ratingtitle_P; } }

Right after this, you should find
Code:
if ($visite == 1) { $hittitle = $hittitle_S; }else{ $hittitle = $hittitle_P; }

Get rid of it too, and paste this:
Code:
if ($params->get('show_hits') == '1') { if ($visite == 1) { $hittitle = $hittitle_S; }else{ $hittitle = $hittitle_P; } }

Now those errors should have disappeared :D
More
14 years 1 month ago #4871 by Olinad
v 2.5 coming out in a matter of minutes...

New/Edited language strings in v 2.5
Code:
RELATED = Related Articles RELATEDDESC = Use this module to show articles that share their metakeys with the one shown at the moment. This option is for standard Joomla articles only. FLEXIRELATED = FLEXI Related Articles FLEXIRELATEDDESC = Use this module to show articles that share their metakeys or their TAGs with the one shown at the moment. This option is for FLEXIcontent articles only. ANSMETAKEY = Metakeys ANSTAGS = TAGs RELATEDNOID = No Article RELATEDNOIDDESC = The text the module will display when the page you're looking at isn't an article. Leave blank if you're using AdvancedModules's option "Hide if Empty". NORESULT = No Result NORESULTDESC = The text the module will display when it doesn't find any article that matches the limitations chosen. Leave blank if you're using AdvancedModules's option "Hide if Empty". LIMITLANG = Limit to Language LIMITLANGDESC = Only show articles written in this language. Insert the first 2 letters of the language you want to choose (example: en, it, fr...). Only one language can be chosen. ANSCURRENT = Current ANSCHOOSE = Choose STANDARD = Standard SEFLIKE = SEF-Like FLEXIURL = FLEXIurls URLTYPE = Choose URLs URLTYPEDESC = Choose the type of URL to display. Standard URL is recommended if you're using an external SEF component, but you may try the SEF-Like option if that's not the case. Select FLEXIurls if you're using FLEXIcontent. USELANG = Enable Lang file USELANGDESC = Use Language file in frontend. This is useful for sites that are presented in more than one language. If your site only supports one language, set this to No and use string fields to determine the output (It's much easier!) FISHSUPPORTDESC = Only display articles whose language matches the current one (current) or one of your choice (choose). Only works with FLEXIcontent. BE CAREFUL: it will only discriminate the language, not the country. If you're using a language called "en-GB", for example, you will get the same content as someone else using "en-US". COLWIDTH = Columns Width COLWIDTHDESC = Grid columns width. It will be the same for all the columns. You can use px or %. ; Tabs Labels WHAT_TO_SHOW = Limit Output HOW_TO_ORDER = Order Output WHAT_TO_DISPLAY_HEADER = Title and Top Info WHAT_TO_DISPLAY_MIDDLE = Articles Body IMAGE_SETTINGS = Image Settings LANGUAGE_SETTINGS = Language Settings RELATED_ARTICLES = Related Articles LAYOUT_OPTIONS = Layout Options FLEXI_FIELDS = FLEXIcontent Fields ; Frontend (Will only be used if triggered by user) ; You can edit this part of the file to suit your needs. ; Please leave the part above as is, not to delete precious comments and helps that WILL ONLY BE SHOWN IN THE BACKEND. F_RELATEDINTRO = This module will show articles related to the one you are reading. F_NOTHINGTOSHOW = No articles to show. F_DATEPREFIX = written on F_AUTHORPREFIX = by F_CATHPREFIX = in F_COMMPREFIX = F_COMMTITLE_S = Comment F_COMMTITLE_P = Comments F_HITPREFIX = F_HITTITLE_S = Hit F_HITTITLE_P = Hits F_RATINGPREFIX = F_RATINGTITLE_S = Vote F_RATINGTITLE_P = Votes F_READMORE = Read More F_MOREARTICLES = Get more of this HERE
More
14 years 1 month ago #4872 by Olinad
New in 2.5:

* AllNews module can now be used as a Related News module! You can use metakeys with jos_content, and choose between metakeys and TAGs in FLEXIcontent!
* FLEXIcontent URLs support added (Beta): selecting this option, the module will feature the same URLs as FLEXIcontent. It gave some errors to me, get back to Standard if it does to you too
* Bugfix: a couple of "Undefined Variable" errors that showed up if hits and rating weren't shown have been corrected
* Module now fully supports PHP 5.3 (A couple of deprecated strings have been rewritten) (Thx newbieinprogress)
* Backend has been rearranged - Options are now easier to find
* Added language files support: this allows the module to change its output following the site's language when using JoomFISH. Pretty useless otherwise, as all the elements in the Language file are actually in the module's backend too
* You can now choose to display articles of a specified language, whatever the current one is
* A field to set grid column width can now be found
* A message will show up if no article matching the limitations set has been found

Download it HERE
More
14 years 1 month ago #4879 by unleash.it
Olinad, all I can say is your module (with Flexicontent of course) is bad _ _ _.

One small bug. The css for the surrounding table (by default a one pixel silver border) keeps coming back even when I delete it in the parameters. It's not a big deal for me because I have deleted it from default.php... but just FYI.

Thanks...
Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline